December 15, 2009

25 days of giving

Growing up my favorite part of the Christmas season was this banner advent calendar that my mom put up in the living room. I can't remember the design nor the figure we moved each day but I remember being toasty warm and listening to the never ending Wee Sing for Christmas tape waiting for one more day to pass until presents were under the tree.

This year I decided for forgo the snowman advent calendar/plush toy that we lost the snowflake to 4 years ago and create a new family tradition.  Our little one is five and I wanted her to understand that the season is not about getting, but what we can give to others. With that in mind we created our 25 days of giving advent calendar. For 20 days we will pull a number off the wall and inside will be a $1 ($1 + 20 days = $20) and with the $20 our little one will pick out and purchase the toy requested by another little one looking forward to Christmas morning as we are. It's simple idea and a tradition that I'm excited to begin!








0 comments:

  © Distributed by Blogger Templates. Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP